Saturday, March 24, 2012

Post Surgery

My post surgical visit with Dr. B, Dr. Wang and Dr. T went well. Dr. B was pleased with the surgery and I was released with the understanding I would take it easy until March. Dr. B gave us a surgical report. It was hard to read. I put it down once after they kept referring to tami as the "gigantic" tumor. I put it down a second time after reading the word "resuscitate". I think I finally read it through before my next trip to Kenner in late March. Dr. B or Dr. Wang found the primary tumor in my small intestine. The surgery was considered a success not only because i survived but because he removed quite a bit of tumor. The rest he fried. He prescribed scans for early March and a three month post surgery visit to Kenner to see what really happened after the dust settles.

Christmas and New Year were a blur. January and February were just Mozie and I walking, napping and watching movies most of the day. I had no desire for communicating (that's why you are getting the bulk of these posts all at once). This was probably depression which is normal after a big surgery. I don't think I ever imagined being so tired and weak, but every day I felt a little better. I made it back to work a couple of days before March.

So, I did finally make it out of the ICU "hole". When I got out of the hole, there was a hill to climb. Which I thought was funny. But I climbed it. I could not have done it by myself though. Thanks for your support.

No comments: